SlimPort® is a family of products that “deliver uncompressed HD video and digital audio over a 5 pin connector” of a mobile device.
No. SlimPort® is not a standard. It is a family of products from Analogix based on DisplayPort, an open standard.
The products are fully compliant with DisplayPort 1.2 standard. Also, while operating over a 5 pin connector such as Mobile USB connector, it is fully compatible with VESA proposed MYDP (Mobility DisplayPort) standard.
MyDP™ is a VESA® proposed Mobility DisplayPort® standard, a digital audio-video interconnect based on the DisplayPort® standard for a mobile audio-video source device. Please refer to http://www.vesa.org website for details. (VESA® membership required) ST-Micro Electronics and ST-Ericsson jointly proposed the MyDP™ to VESA®. SlimPort® is fully compatible with MYDP™ standard.
The SlimPort® family of products offers additional features beyond basic DisplayPort® and MYDP™ functionality:
- Using a single mobile USB connector for data-sync, power-charging, and uncompressed protected contents delivery to an external big screen display.
- Integrated USB switch, compliant with IC-USB specifications, to reduce the Bill of Materials cost for mobile devices.
- Integrated downstream mobile accessory detect mechanism to reduce the Bill of Materials cost for mobile devices.
- Direct connectivity to HDTVs, monitors, and projectors using VGA, DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort interfaces.
- Reduced power consumption with Analogix proprietary power recovery techniques.
- Ability to charge mobile devices while being connected to HD displays using HDMI and DisplayPort.
Analogix is the first to roll out DisplayPort based MYDP™ products for mobile devices.
- ANX7805 – SlimPort® transmitter which enables a mobile device to external display connectivity.
- ANX7730 - SlimPort® to HDMI for mobile device accessories.
- ANX9832 – SlimPort® to VGA for mobile device accessories.
Analogix continues to expand the SlimPort® products family.
SlimPort® products are tested in Analogix labs, several independent labs including EasyHD™ lab and at various industry driven (CEA and VESA) plug-tests rigorously to ensure the inter-operability. Also, SlimPort® products are tested and certified at the designated ATC test centers to pass all relevant compliance tests.
The SlimPort® products will be available in various OEM mobile devices including SmartPhones, Tablet PCs, MP4 players etc. and various accessories like cables, dongles, docking stations, AV Receivers, Set-top boxes, HDTVs, monitors and projectors.