Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
1. Applicability. This purchase order is an offer by either Analogix Semiconductor, Inc. or Analogix International (Cayman Islands) (each a "Buyer") for the purchase of the goods or services specified on the face of this purchase order (the "Goods") from the party to whom the purchase order is addressed (the "Vendor") in accordance with and subject to these terms and conditions (the "Terms"; together with the terms and conditions on the face of the purchase order, the "Order"). This Order, together with any documents incorporated herein by reference, constitutes the sole and entire agreement of the parties with respect to the Order, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings, agreements, negotiations, representations and warranties, and communications, both written and oral, with respect to the subject matter of the Order. The Order expressly limits Vendor's acceptance to the terms of the Order. These Terms prevail over any terms or conditions contained in any other documentation and expressly exclude any of Vendor's general terms and conditions of sale or any other document issued by Vendor in connection with the Order. These Terms apply to any repaired or replacement Goods provided by Vendor hereunder. Buyer is not obligated to any minimum purchase or future purchase obligations under the Order.
2. Acceptance. This Order is not binding on Buyer until Vendor accepts the Order in writing or starts to perform in accordance with the Order. If Vendor does not accept the Order in writing or provide written notice that it has commenced performance within five (5) days of Vendor's receipt of the Order, the Order will lapse. Buyer may withdraw the Order at any time before it is accepted by Vendor.
3. Delivery Date. Vendor shall deliver the Goods in the quantities and on the date(s) specified in the Order or as otherwise agreed in writing by the parties (the "Delivery Date"). If no delivery date is specified, Vendor shall deliver the Goods within five (5) days of Vendor's receipt of the Order. Timely delivery of the Goods is of the essence. If Vendor fails to deliver the Goods in full on the Delivery Date, Buyer may terminate the Order immediately by providing written notice to Vendor and Vendor shall indemnify Buyer against any losses, claims,damages, and reasonable costs and expenses directly attributable to Vendor's failure to deliver the Goods on the Delivery Date.
4. Quantity. Buyer may reject all or any excess Goods. Any such rejected Goods shall be returned to Vendor at Vendor's risk and expense. If Buyer does not reject the Goods and instead accepts the delivery of Goods at the increased or reduced quantity, the Price for the Goods shall be adjusted on a pro-rata basis. Buyer is not obligated to any minimum purchase or future purchase obligations under the Order.
5. Delivery Location. All Goods shall be delivered to the address specified in this Order (the "Ship Location") during Buyer's normal business hours or as otherwise instructed by Buyer.
6. Shipping Terms. Delivery shall be made in accordance with the terms on the face of the Order. Vendor shall give written notice of shipment to Buyer when the Goods are delivered to a carrier for transportation. Vendor shall provide Buyer all shipping documents, including the commercial invoice, packing list, air waybill/bill of lading and any other documents necessary to release the Goods to Buyer within one (1) business day after Vendor delivers the Goods to the transportation carrier. The Order number must appear on all shipping documents, shipping labels, bills of lading, air waybills, invoices, correspondence and any other documents pertaining to the Order.
7. Title and Risk of Loss. Title passes to Buyer upon delivery of the Goods to the Ship Location. Vendor bears all risk of loss or damage to the Goods until delivery of the Goods to the Ship Location.
8. Packaging. All goods shall be packed for shipment according to Buyer's instructions or, if there are no instructions, in a manner sufficient to ensure that the Goods are delivered in undamaged condition. Vendor must provide Buyer prior written notice if it requires Buyer to return any packaging material. Any return of such packaging material shall be made at Vendor's expense.
9. Amendment and Modification. No change to the Order is binding upon Buyer unless it is in writing, specifically states that it amends the Order and is signed by an authorized representative of Buyer.
10. Inspection and Rejection of Nonconforming Goods. The Buyer has the right to inspect the Goods on or after the Delivery Date. Buyer, at its sole option, may inspect all or a sample of the Goods, and may reject all or any portion of the Goods if it determines the Goods are nonconforming or defective. If Buyer rejects any portion of the Goods, Buyer has the right, effective upon written notice to Vendor, to: (a) rescind the Order in its entirety; (b) accept the Goods at a reasonably reduced price; or (c) reject the Goods and require replacement of the rejected Goods. If Buyer requires replacement of the Goods, Vendor shall, at its expense, within five (5) days replace the nonconforming Goods and pay for all related expenses, including, but not limited to, transportation charges for the return of the defective goods and the delivery of replacement Goods. If Vendor fails to timely deliver replacement Goods, Buyer may replace them with goods from a third party and charge Vendor the cost thereof and terminate the Order for cause pursuant to Section 20. Any inspection or other action by Buyer under this Section shall not reduce or otherwise affect Vendor's obligations under the Order, and Buyer shall have the right to conduct further inspections after Vendor has carried out its remedial actions.
11. Price. The price of the Goods is the price stated in the Order (the "Price"). If no price is included in the Order, the Price shall be the price set out in Vendor's published price list in force as of the date of the Order. Unless otherwise specified in the Order, the Price includes all packaging, transportation costs to the Ship Location, insurance, customs duties and fees and applicable taxes, including, but not limited to, all sales, use or excise taxes. No increase in the Price is effective, whether due to increased material, labor or transportation costs or otherwise,without the prior written consent of Buyer.
12. Most Favored Customer. Vendor represents and warrants that the price for the Goods is the lowest price charged by Vendor to any of its external buyers for similar volumes of similar Goods. If Vendor charges any other buyer a lower price, Vendor must apply that price to all Goods under the Order. If Vendor fails to meet the lower price, Buyer, at its option, may terminate the Order without liability pursuant to Section 20.
13. Payment Terms. Vendor shall issue an invoice to Buyer on or any time after the completion of delivery and only in accordance with the Terms. Buyer shall pay all properly invoiced amounts due to Vendor within thirty (30) days after Buyer's receipt of such invoice, except for any amounts disputed by Buyer in good faith. All payments hereunder must be in US dollars. In the event of a payment dispute, Buyer shall deliver a written statement to Vendor no later than thirty (30) days prior to the date payment is due on the disputed invoice listing all disputed items and providing a reasonably detailed description of each disputed item. Amounts not so disputed are deemed accepted and must be paid, notwithstanding disputes on other items, within the period set forth in this Section 13. The parties shall seek to resolve all such disputes expeditiously and in good faith. Vendor shall continue performing its obligations under the Order notwithstanding any such dispute.
14. Set-off. Without prejudice to any other right or remedy it may have, Buyer reserves the right to set off at any time any amount owing to it by Vendor against any amount payable by Buyer to Vendor under the Order.
15. Warranties. Vendor warrants to Buyer that for a period of twelve (12) months from the Delivery Date, all Goods will: (a) be free from any defects in workmanship, material and design; (b) conform to applicable specifications, drawings, designs, samples and other requirements specified by Buyer; (c) be fit for their intended purpose and operate as intended; (d) be merchantable; (e) be free and clear of all liens, security interests or other encumbrances; and (f) not infringe or misappropriate any third party's patent or other intellectual property rights.These warranties survive any delivery, inspection, acceptance or payment of or for the Goods by Buyer. These warranties are cumulative and in addition to any other warranty provided by law or equity. Any applicable statute of limitations runs from the date of Buyer's discovery of the noncompliance of the Goods with the foregoing warranties. If Buyer gives Vendor notice of noncompliance with this Section, Vendor shall, at its own cost and expense, within five (5) days replace or repair the defective or nonconforming Goods and pay for all related expenses, including, but not limited to, transportation charges for the return of the defective or nonconforming goods to Vendor and the delivery of repaired or replacement Goods to Buyer.
16. General Indemnification. Vendor shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Buyer, its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors or assigns and its respective directors, officers, shareholders and employees and Buyer's customers (collectively, "Indemnitees") against any and all loss, injury, death, damage, liability, claim, deficiency,action, judgment, interest, award, penalty, fine, cost or expense, including reasonable attorney and professional fees and costs, and the cost of enforcing any right to indemnification hereunder and the cost of pursuing any insurance providers (collectively, "Losses") arising out of or occurring in connection with the products purchased from Vendor or Vendor's negligence, willful misconduct or breach of the Terms. Vendor shall not enter into any settlement without Buyer's or Indemnitee's prior written consent.
17. Intellectual Property Indemnification. Vendor shall, at its expense, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Buyer and any Indemnitee against any and all Losses arising out of or in connection with any claim that Buyer's or Indemnitee's use or possession of the Goods infringes or misappropriates the patent, copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any third party. In no event shall Vendor enter into any settlement without Buyer's or Indemnitee's prior written consent.
18. Insurance. During the term of the Order and for a period of five (5) years thereafter, Vendor shall, at its own expense, maintain and carry insurance in full force and effect which includes, but is not limited to, commercial general liability (including product liability) in a sum no less than $5,000,000 with financially sound and reputable insurers. Upon Buyer's request, Vendor shall provide Buyer with a certificate of insurance from Vendor's insurer evidencing the insurance coverage specified in the Order. The certificate of insurance shall name Buyer as anadditional insured. Vendor shall provide Buyer with five (5) days' advance written notice in the event of a cancellation or material change in Vendor's insurance policy. Except where prohibited by law, Vendor shall require its insurer to waive all rights of subrogation against Buyer's insurers and Buyer or the Indemnitees.
19. Compliance with Law. Vendor is in compliance with and shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Vendor has and shall maintain in effect all the licenses, permissions, authorizations, consents andpermits that it needs to carry out its obligations under the Order. Vendor shall comply with all export and import laws of all countries involved in the sale of Goods under the Order. Vendor assumes all responsibility for shipments of Goods requiring any government import clearance. Buyer may terminate the Order if any government authority imposes anti dumping duties, countervailing duties or any retaliatory duties on the Goods.
20. Termination. Buyer may terminate the Order, in whole or in part, at any time with or without cause for undelivered Goods on five (5) days' prior written notice to Vendor. In addition to any remedies that may be provided under these Terms, Buyer may terminate the Order with immediate effect upon written notice to the Vendor, either before or after the acceptance of the Goods, if Vendor has not performed or complied with any of these Terms, in whole or in part. If the Vendor becomes insolvent, files a petition for bankruptcy or commences or has commenced against it proceedings relating to bankruptcy, receivership, reorganization or assignment for the benefit of creditors,then the Buyer may terminate the Order upon written notice to Vendor. If Buyer terminates the Order for any reason,Vendor's sole and exclusive remedy is payment for the Goods received and accepted by Buyer prior to the termination.
21. Limitation of Liability. Nothing in the Order shall exclude or limit (a) Vendor's liability under Sections 15, 16, 17 and 23 hereof, or (b) Vendor's liability for fraud, personal injury or death caused by its negligence or willful misconduct. Buyer’s maximum liability to the Vendor shall not exceed the aggregate amount actually paid or payable under the Order.
22. Waiver. No waiver by any party of any of the provisions of the Order shall be effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by the party so waiving. Except as otherwise set forth in the Order, no failure to exercise,or delay in exercising, any rights, remedy, power or privilege arising from the Order shall operate or be construed as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege.
23. Confidential Information. All non-public, confidential or proprietary information of the Buyer, including, but not limited to, specifications, samples, patterns, designs, plans, drawings, documents, data, business operations,customer lists, pricing, discounts or rebates, disclosed by Buyer to Vendor, whether disclosed orally or disclosed or accessed in written, electronic or other form or media, and whether or not marked, designated or otherwise identified as "confidential," in connection with the Order is confidential, solely for the use of performing the Order and may not be disclosed or copied unless authorized by Buyer in writing. Upon Buyer's request, Vendor shall promptly return all documents and other materials received from Buyer. Buyer shall be entitled to injunctive relief for any violation of this Section. This Section shall not apply to information that is: (a) in the public domain; (b) known to the Vendor at the time of disclosure; or (c) rightfully obtained by the Vendor on a non-confidential basis from a third party.
24. Force Majeure. Neither party shall be liable to the other for any delay or failure in performing its obligations under the Order to the extent that such delay or failure is caused by an event or circumstance that is beyond the reasonable control of that party, without such party's fault or negligence, and which by its nature could not have been foreseen by such party or, if it could have been foreseen, was unavoidable ("Force Majeure Event"). Force Majeure Events include, but are not limited to, acts of God or the public enemy, government restrictions, floods, fire, earthquakes, explosion, epidemic, war, invasion, hostilities, terrorist acts, riots, strike, embargoes or industrial disturbances. Vendor’s economic hardship or changes in market conditions are not considered Force Majeure Events. Vendor shall use all diligent efforts to end the failure or delay of its performance, ensure that the effects of any Force Majeure Event are minimized and resume performance under the Order. If a Force Majeure Event prevents Vendor from carrying out its obligations under the Order for a continuous period of more than five(5) business days, Buyer may terminate the Order immediately by giving written notice to Vendor.
25. Assignment. Vendor shall not assign, transfer, delegate or subcontract any of its rights or obligations under the Order without the prior written consent of Buyer. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section shall be null and void. No assignment or delegation shall relieve the Vendor of any of its obligations hereunder. Buyer may at any time assign, transfer or subcontract any or all of its rights or obligations under the Order without Vendor's prior written consent.
26. Relationship of the Parties. The relationship between the parties is that of independent contractors. Nothing contained in the Order shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture or other form of joint enterprise, employment or fiduciary relationship between the parties, and neither party shall have authority to contract for or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever. No relationship of exclusivity shall be construed from the Order.
27. No Third-Party Beneficiaries. The Order is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any other person or entity any legal or equitable right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of these Terms.
28. Governing Law. All matters arising out of or relating to the Order shall be governed by and construed in ccordance with the internal laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule.
29. Submission to Jurisdiction. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to the Order shall be instituted in the federal courts of the United States of America or the courts of the State of California in each case located in the County of Santa Clara, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action or proceeding.
30. Cumulative Remedies. The rights and remedies under the Order are cumulative and are in addition to and not in substitution for any other rights and remedies available at law or in equity or otherwise.
31. Notices. All notices, request, consents, claims, demands, waivers and other communications hereunder (each, a "Notice") shall be in writing and addressed to the parties at the addresses set forth on the face of the Order or to such other address that may be designated by the receiving party in writing. All Notices shall be delivered by personal delivery, nationally recognized overnight courier (with all fees pre-paid), facsimile (with confirmation of transmission) or certified or registered mail (in each case, return receipt requested, postage prepaid). Except as otherwise provided in the Order, a Notice is effective only (a) upon receipt of the receiving party, and (b) if the party giving the Notice has complied with the requirements of this Section.
32. Severability. If any term or provision of the Order is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
33. Survival. Provisions of the Order which by their nature should apply beyond their terms will remain in force after any termination or expiration of the Order including, but not limited to, the following provisions: Set-off, Warranties, General Indemnification, Intellectual Property, Indemnification, Insurance, Compliance with Laws, Confidentiality, Governing Law, Submission to Jurisdiction, and Survival.
Purchase Terms and Conditions
Purchase Order Terms and Conditions