USB-C™ brings together the desired features of a unified connector, merging data, audio, video, and power into one interface.
Its robustness, flexibility, and ease of use provide unprecedented opportunities for end-users, designers, and manufacturers.
Our technology supports the DisplayPort™ over USB-C™ protocol formally known as the DisplayPort Alt Mode™, USB data, and USB Power Delivery through fully integrated, single-chip, low-cost solutions for smartphones, tablets, and notebooks.
10 Gbps Signals
We pioneered a re-timer technology that compensates channel loss resulted from transmitting high-speed data over a cable or printed-circuit-board and ensures high-quality 10G signals for the latest next generation notebooks, desktop PCs, smartphones, and active VR cables.
Power Delivery (PD)
The PD controller is the brain of the USB-C™ interconnection.
Our technology enables USB-C charging for latest generation notebooks, desktops, and 2-in-1 PCs with:
- Extended Messaging - enables faster PD firmware updates (PDFU) and provides an efficient exchange of security certificates;
- Fast Role Swap - allows a PC accessory to change modes from sourcing to sinking power quickly, preventing data corruption during an unforeseen power source disconnect;
- Native USB-C port controller interface (TCPCI) for ease of integration with the existing USB-C port manager (TCPM).
Connector + Cable orientation (CC)
Our standardized CC detection technology:
- Detects attach of USB ports
- Resolves cable orientation and twist connections to establish USB data bus routing
- Establishes data roles between two attached ports
- Discovers and configures VBUS: USB-C Current modes or USB Power Delivery
- Configures VCONN, a 5V @ 1W power supply used to power the integrated circuit within an electronically marked USB Type-C cable.
- Discovers and configures optional Alternate and Accessory modes